Update: After GDPR changes, I won't recommend you working with cold email marketing. Most people hate cold outreach and everything connected with direct sales. However, smart user-oriented cold emails can give you new users, partners or recommendations:
- The Cold Sales Email Bible (a guide with templates) by Sean Bestor.
- How to Warm Up Prospects Before Sending Them a Cold Email? by Cathy Patalas. Cathy's article proposes simple actions, that may seriously increase your cold email open & reply rates.
- These 11 Cold Email Templates & Examples by Melissa Williams are very creative! Grab some and personalize it for your target audience. Don't forget to do the research first! You need to really know the person you’re writing.
- 9 Cold Email Formulas That Just Plain Work. One more good tutorial from Yesware team.
- 101 Sales Email Templates 📚 Attach.io team prepared email examples from cold outreach to LinkedIn intro messages.
- 14 Deliverability Checks to Carry Out Before Sending Your Cold Email Campaign by Cathy Patalas.
- Mass emails that look like you wrote every one to 3.5x your response rates by Sapph.
Learn from fellow entrepreneurs and makers, who run cold email campaigns:
- 10 cold email tips I used to get 60,000 signups by Dunja Lazić.
- How to get a $3,000 monthly contract (with exact scripts) by Bryan Harris.
- Why Every Outbound Campaign Needs 8 Emails via Salesfolk. It's a case-study of Ambition, YC startup, who used cold email campaign and automation to grow sales.
- And here is some inspiring story from Android Programmer at Basecamp, who just cold emailed people: Admire someone? Write them an email, you might be surprised. Written by Dan Kim.
Some more tips & tricks:
- How to Find Any Email Address: The Complete List of Tactics (2017 Edition) by SEO Sherpa team.
- Step by Step Process to Find Anyone’s Email Address by Ryan Stewart.
- How To Send Better Email & Avoid Email Spam Trigger Words by Nate Shivar.
- Funny short video with 11 Tips to Clean Up Your Dirty, Wordy Writing by Grammarly.
- 80 Powerful Email Endings To Make People Remember You by Dmitry Dragilev.
- What to Do When You See Negative Replies to Your Cold Emails? by Cathy Patalas.
- Timing is everything: what Intercom data says about the best time to send a message by Geoffrey Keating.
📌 Useful tools:
- Norbert for finding emails. It gives you 50 free email searches once you create an account.
- Streak for Gmail for scheduling emails to be sent later and managing your connections. With this tool, you can also see who has opened your email 😉
- GMass for cold mass emailing. You can use GMass for free to send 50 emails per day.
- Time Converter will help you to schedule cold emails considering different time zones.
Communication is the key to building any kind of relationship. Every social community has its own rules. Business people will prefer concise value-driven messages when engineers are more open to deep well-thought-out talk. I encourage you to learn these social rules before writing a single line of LinkedIn invitation:
- How to Write Emails Like a CEO by Andrew Torba.
- 5 rules for good email etiquette by Mattan Griffel.
- Silicon Valley Etiquette by Romain Serman.
🔎 How and where to find partners:
- Tips on the New LinkedIn Search and Writing LinkedIn Requests by Aja Frost.
- 15 Places Where You Can Find Prospects, Other than LinkedIn by Cathy Patalas.
- How to Network at a Conference from wikiHow.
- How to generated $91 735 in revenue from tech conferences: Guide for finding clients at events from YouTeam.
- How to Use Conferences to Grow Your Startup podcast by Hiten Shah & Steli Efti.
- How To Create A Follow Up Email in 5 Simple Steps by Hubspot team.
Check these guides on building partnerships (both for software & physical products):
- Co-Marketing: How to Reach New Customers With Strategic Partnerships by Braveen Kumar. Recommendations will suit companies, who have physical products.