Just start writing
📣 Promotion of your content
You need to promote content on your own blog, Medium or guest platforms. Some ideas how to spread the word about your great articles and make it more shareable:
- 39 Free Places to Promote Blog Posts Once You Hit Publish. Learn about every platform before sharing your content there (or you will become a spammer💩). At the end of the article Shafi Khan mentioned other important rules to follow.
- Content Promotion: How We Grew from 0 to 32,977 Users in 5 Months With Zero Paid Traffic. Benji Hyam talks about community-driven content promotion. It means, that you engage with the targeted community and then share your content so that it adds value.
- 17 Advanced Methods for Promoting Your New Piece of Content by Kissmetrics team.
- Boost Social Sharing From Your Content. Sarah Peterson shared methods, that will help readers to easily share your posts.
- A useful guide on Blogger Outreach: How to Get Influencers to Promote Your Content for Free by Brian Dean.
- I Asked 235 People to Tweet My Article and All I Got Is This Cheerless Case Study. It's an interesting experiment! Joshua Hardwick cold emailed writers who tweeted similar posts and asked for a promotional tweet. You can try this too.
- Sharing Other People Content and Simultaneously Promoting Your Own by Paul Shapiro. 😯 Have you ever tried to include your blog in the UTM parameters of somebody else blog post? Paul will teach you this smart hack.
- Strategic Guide to Reposting Content on Medium and LinkedIn by Ryan Battles. Does re-publishing strategy lead to growth or penalties? Ryan Battles made informational podcast & article on the topic.
- The Simple Way to Get People to Read Your Blog Post on Facebook by Adam Rogers. Nice ideas on optimizing your republished piece of content on Facebook.
- How to get featured on large publications with republished content by Sarah Peterson.
Content Marketing is not only about getting people to read your amazing articles (and use your product later). It's also about developing and maintaining relationships with the community.
Influencer marketing is focused on working with opinion leaders to drive company message/product/service to the larger market. 📚 These long guides will be good for the start:
- What is influencer marketing and how to find influencers? by Ash Read from Buffer.
- The Ultimate Guide to Influencer Marketing by Jason Quey from Sumo.
- Influencers definitely should be compensated. The only question is how by Yuval Maoz.
You should not be afraid to reach to the cool people. Be helpful, nice and creative:
- The Exact Email Scripts I Use to Connect With VIP’s by Alex Turnbull, founder of Groove.
- 8 Email Pitch Templates to Partner with Influencers by Sapph. Nice guides & examples for asking promotion, contribution, partnership or review from the influencer. Customize and use them!
- 😱 I Just Deleted Your Outreach Email Without Reading. And NO, I Don’t Feel Sorry by Tim Soulo. Tim shows cool examples of how to email influencers in the right way. Please, read this post before contacting opinion leaders!
- If you can’t express yourself by email, you’re not worthy of anyone’s time by Pieter Levels. People are busy and you should avoid vague messages, which only steals time. Read this brief article to understand what opinion leaders want to see in their inbox.
- Good videos on Finding influencers on Twitter and 6 easy ways to engage with them on Twitter by 123 Reg team.
- The Barney Stinson’s Playbook For Cold Tweeting Influencers by Noam Avigdor.
- 4 Tips for Reaching Out to Someone You Admire on LinkedIn by Lily Herman.
- 26 Headliners on How to Connect with Influencers at Conference by Venngage. Don't be afraid to talk to people!
- Connecting with Others: What Have You Done for Me Lately? by Noah Kagan, popular IT entrepreneur & influencer. I loved his brief instruction on making it easier for people to say YES to your request.
Case-studies, which can teach and inspire you:
- How We Got 1,000+ Subscribers from a Single Blog Post in 24 Hours by Alex Turnbull. Groove team built relationships with influencers for getting the first readers on their blog. Very smart tactics there!
- This Songwriter Accidentally Executed Influencer Marketing Perfectly and Got 40k Viewers Overnight by Benji Hyam.
- How Influencer Marketing helped us grow from $0 to $700k+ monthly revenue. Sergei Gusev shows how they scaled influencer marketing with the help of paid influencers marketing platforms. The 1st part of his story is here.
📌 Useful tools:
- Find Twitter Influencers via Klear. It's free for 10 keyword searches ("skill"). The paid version has more advanced options.
- Social networks. You can find opinion leaders by checking the keywords search, followers number and engagement level.
- Twitonomy gives detailed info about influencer from his Twitter profile. It can show people who are interacting with the influencer on a regular basis. Those people can become your starting point to get to the top-niche person.
- Followerwonk Analyze gives a huge database about any Twitter user's network. This free tool shows you info on user followers and people, whom this user follows. So you can find the best time to engage, popular users, location info, etc.
- Use RSS apps for getting content from influencers' blogs. You can comment on those posts and share good ones via your social media. Selfoss is a good RSS app. It's an open-source, so you may dig into its code and customize things.